Wordshark uses more than 60 motivating games to teach and reinforce reading and spelling. It is suitable for a wide age range, with its material ranging from simple Consonant-Vowel-Consonant (CVC) words (e.g. cat, hat) through to challenging sets for very able spellers.
What does it cover?
- A spelling course for the National Curriculum 2014 (England)
- A course for ‘Letters and Sounds’
- A structured ‘Wordshark’ Spelling course (which is easy to follow sequentially)
- Subject vocabulary for secondary schools
- Everyday vocabulary lists/ activities (useful for EAL)
- An alphabet and dictionary course.
Synthetic phonics is embedded in Wordshark’s structured courses. The programme includes over 10,000 pre-recorded words and sounds. It is also easy to add your own words, pictures and recordings.
Print-outs include worksheets, word searches and word lists. Records can be kept of student work to track progress and it is easy to set work for individuals or groups.
How do I purchase it?
Wordshark is available via our online resources shop.
Did you know?
The more you read, the easier it becomes.