Reads out text

A dyslexic person moving into Higher Education can face new challenges and greater demands on their literacy skills, and so may need support for the first time or may need to continue with the kind of support they had in school.

The kind of support needed will depend on the demands of the particular course as well as the severity of your difficulties.  Some of the support that is needed will be available to all students on the course, but sometimes extra support will be needed which may require an ‘assessment of needs’ following a diagnostic assessment.

Did you know?

With one in 10 of the population estimated to have dyslexia, more than 6.3 million people in the UK are potentially affected by dyslexia.