Professional Diploma in Dyslexia and Literacy
The Dyslexia Action Professional Diploma in Dyslexia and Literacy is a unique and prestigious programme at Master’s level 7 that provides the training for qualified teachers to become informed practitioners and specialist assessors. The courses are modular and flexible and are undertaken part time, through online learning.
The Dyslexia Action Professional Diploma in Dyslexia and Literacy is only available to those individuals who already hold a Specialist Teaching Qualification such as the Dyslexia Action Level 7 Certificate in Structured Teaching Intervention, Level 5 Diploma in Strategic Teaching Support for Dyslexia and Literacy, OCR Level 5 (with ATS) or other BDA accredited courses.
Why do this course?
- This course follows on from the Postgraduate Certificate in Structured Teaching Intervention for Dyslexia and Literacy (which must be taken first) and comprises three modules (D, E and F) which enables the practitioner to qualify as a specialist assessor of dyslexia/SpLD
- The modules explore the psychometric assessment process; the critical evaluation process for the selection of appropriate assessment tools and provide the underpinning knowledge for the construction of a professional diagnostic report
- Participants are then able to link assessment findings to remediation strategies explored across the programme
- The final module focuses on research methodology and leads to a dissertation proposal that can be taken forward to the MA programme that follows
How many credits is it worth?
60 Level 7* Credits
This course delivered by Dyslexia Action Training can lead to the award of credit points by Middlesex University. This course does not result in the award of a Middlesex qualification. The credits can be used as part of a pathway to a Middlesex University MA.
*For each academic qualification you achieve, you earn course credits. The number of course credits reflects the study time required to complete a course and the credit levels indicate the complexity and depth of learning you can expect on the course.
Course Accrediting Bodies
- Middlesex University London for level 7 credit points (see above)
- British Dyslexia Association for specialist teaching and specialist assessment
- SpLD Assessment Standards Committee for the Assessment Practising Certificate (SASC) for Specialist Teacher Assessors
How long is the course and when can I start?
The course generally takes around three terms to complete, part time. You can start in January, May and September.
Information to read BEFORE applying
- Professional Programme Brochure 2017-2018 (includes entry requirements, fees, etc.)
- Postgraduate Term Dates 2017 - 2018
- Accreditiation of Prior Learning 2017-2018
- PP Financial terms and conditions 2017-2018
- Sources of Funding to Support Your Studies
Who is eligible?
Please refer to the brochure above and to the Accreditation of Prior Learning document below for further information.
How can I apply?
Please Download and complete the application form then send it to email@example.com
Entry Jan 2018: Deadline for applications is 26th Nov
Entry May 2018: Apply by Mar 2018
Entry Sept 2018: Apply by July 2018
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01784-222304.
These courses ensure that your current practice is informed and relevant and that you have understanding of how to use the latest resources.