Who are these short course Units suitable for?
Dyslexia Action offers a varied and flexible online training programme to suit all levels of educational staff both in the UK and overseas. The following information relates to our short course Units all at levels 4 and 5 and all competitively priced at £295 plus VAT each and accredited by The CPD Standards Office.
These short units can be built into awards and certificates and eventually can lead to studying the Level 5 Strategic Teaching Diploma, a specialist teacher training course that provides an introduction to a structured specialist teaching programme that can be used in school or college settings.
Entry requirements and all related information can be found in the CPD syllabus (1 of 2) in the downloads section below.
How are the courses delivered and what are the benefits of studying online?
- The courses are delivered online which offers you the flexibility to organise your time to fit around your professional and personal commitments. It also saves you the time and expense of travel and classroom attendance
- Total study time per Unit is 3-5 hrs a week (20-30 hours total study over a 6 week period per Unit)
- Tutor support is offered throughout the duration of the induction and course
- These qualifications equate to Level 4 or 5 on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) See: http://ofqual.gov.uk/help-and-advice/comparing-qualifications
Please read the documents below which provide full details including entry requirements, courses on offer and other important information you may need before applying:
- CPD Syllabus 2017-2018 (part 1 of 2)
- CPD Syllabus General Information 2017-2018 (part 2 of 2)
- CPD Level 4/5 Terms and conditions 2017-2018
When can I start and how do I apply?
- Courses run in September, November, January, March, May and July
- Click on the links below to book a Unit, please note you can also book an Award of three set units at one time (giving you a discount of £30 net. visit UK and Overseas Awards or visit Supporting Adults Awards )
What we offer Level 4 and 5 short course Units for UK¹, Overseas² and those Supporting Adults³
- DACPD51 - Dyslexia and Co-occurring Difficulties¹²
- DACPD52 - Dyslexia: Supporting Individuals with Memory Weaknesses¹²³
- DACPD53 - Structured, Cumulative Multisensory Tuition for Learners with Dyslexia¹²
- DACPD84 - Developing Reading Skills in Learners with Dyslexia¹
- DACPD85 - Developing Writing Skills in Learners with Dyslexia¹
- DACPD86 - Developing Spelling Skills in Learners with Dyslexia¹
- DACPD87 - Supporting Study Skills in Learners with Dyslexia²
- DACPD91 - Supporting Adults with dyslexia and co-occurring difficulties²³
- DACPD92 - Supporting Study Skills in Adults with Dyslexia²³
- DACPD93 - Developing Writing Skills in Adults with Dyslexia³
- DACPD94 - Dyslexia in Multilingual Settings²³
- DACPD96- Developing Literacy Skills with Assistive Technology²³
- DACPD99 - Developing Numeracy Skills in Learners with Dyslexia and Dyscalculia
- Be qualified to at least level 3 (‘A’ level) on the UK qualifications framework or have other equivalent qualifications and relevant experience. Teaching assistants must be mentored by a qualified teaching professional whilst on the course¹²³
- Qualified classroom teachers or teaching or learning assistants and be currently (or recently within the last 2 years) employed to work with learners in the UK or internationally¹²³
- Qualified learning or adult support tutor and be currently (or recently within the last 2 years) employed to work with learners in a further or higher education educational setting or those working in a support function³
- Have a minimum English language ability level such as: IELTS 6 (www.ielts.org/default.aspx ) or TOEFL 60-78 points (www.ets.org/toefl/)¹²³
- "Dyslexia and Co-occurring Difficulties has been an amazing course and I am learning so much already"
- "The course provided a practical solution to CPD when other courses were impossible due to cost, time and location"
- "The support offered here is excellent, the tutors are always available to help and I would highly recommend you study with Dyslexia Action"
- “Excellent well structured and supported courses! Thank you!”
- "Thank you for your brilliant support and mentoring throughout the course, which I have absolutely loved."
Our CPD programme and its Units are accredited by The CPD Standards Office
Level 5 Specialist Teaching Qualification
For information on our specialist teaching qualification when you have completed the above prerequisite Units/Awards can be found at DADIP61 - Level 5 Diploma in Strategic Teaching Support for Dyslexia and Literacy
For more information please email us or call 01784 222304
New Syllabus for September 2017
Book now !