Dyslexia Guild Membership Grades
Dyslexia Guild members are eligible for designatory letters in recognition of their qualifications and professional status. If you are a current Guild member who has not yet updated your qualifications please click here.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Dyslexia Guild members are encouraged to undertake regular professional development to improve their personal practice and are expected to undertake, as a minimum, 30 hours of CPD a year. All members of the Guild commit to uphold the Dyslexia Guild Code of Practice.
Our grades of membership are as follows:
- Affiliate Members are working or studying in a relevant educational setting and are gaining suitable experience in the field of dyslexia/SpLD. They do not have Guild designatory letters after their name. This grade is not suitable for NMH members, see Associate FE/HE.
- Associate Members (ADG) are professional members and specialist teachers with a level 5 or level 7 specialist teaching qualification in dyslexia/SpLD.
- Associate Members (ADG FE/HE) are professional members and support tutors in further and higher education. They have gained membership through Accreditation of Prior Experience and Learning (APEL) and hold qualifications relevant to student support for Non-Medical Helpers (NMH). For further information please see:
NMH DSA QAG_Dyslexia Action Information Guide 5.pdf
- Members (MDG) are professional members and specialist teacher assessors with a level 7 specialist teacher/assessor qualification in dyslexia/SpLD.
- Fellows (FDG) are professional members and specialist teacher assessors with a level 7 specialist teacher/assessor qualification in dyslexia/SpLD. They hold a minimum of 7 years specialist teaching and 4 years specialist assessment experience in dyslexia/SpLD.
You can join the Guild online or renew your membership online now. If you are unsure if your qualifications are eligible please email copies of your certificates, current curriculum vitae and a covering note to: email@example.com
The Dyslexia Guild also offers:
- a Group Membership Scheme for educational establishments who wish to offer membership for up to four staff on an Affiliate basis.
- a Business Affiliate Scheme for recognised providers of educational services and/or materials who wish to endorse and support the work of the Dyslexia Guild.
- Please note: Neither of these schemes are suitable for APC holders or NMH members.
For further information please email us or telephone 01784 222342.