Maths : 1. Why do dyslexic people need help with maths?
1. Why do dyslexic people need help with maths?
On its own, dyslexia does not make it difficult to do maths. Many people with dyslexia are very successful mathematicians. But sometimes, dyslexia can get in the way.
- Hard to read numbers and maths assignments
- Sequencing of instructions or switching sequence of numbers
- Co-occurrence with dyscalculia
For this, there are several types of tools:
- Special calculators (such as speaking or visualising calculators) or convertors
- Online services that help you with maths problems
Did you know?
With one in 10 of the population estimated to have dyslexia, more than 6.3 million people in the UK are potentially affected by dyslexia.