Reads out text

If you are at university or college or are about to start we would recommend you take the following steps:

  • Check your college/ university’s website for more information. 
  • Make an appointment with the Learning Support Officer, or equivalent. They will advise you on whether you are eligible for different types of support, and how to apply for the Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA) which can assist with costs that may be incurred as a direct result of a disability. 
  • Give your nearest Dyslexia Action Centre a call.  
  • To qualify for the Disabled Students’ Allowance you will need a diagnostic assessment, this is something that Dyslexia Action can provide along with other useful advice.

Holly's Story

Holly, 22, found her battle with dyslexia a real struggle but her determination to succeed helped her to keep focused on achieving her degree in PE this year at York St John University. "It’s really important to never give up and to know that support is available" said Holly.