Why EAA for support staff?
This course provides a journey through the legislative context, the whole school approach and roles and timings critical to the process.
The Joint Council for Qualifications (JCQ) regulations and processes are explored and reviewed.
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is suitable for teaching and support staff who are working alongside SENCOs, psychologists, specialist assessors and teaching professionals in schools and sixth form colleges.
- Applicants should be currently employed, working with learners in an secondary school/academy or Further Education College or 6th form
- Applicants should be qualified to at least level 3 ('A' level) on the UK qualifications framework or have other equivalent qualifications and relevant experiences.
If you are hold a postgraduate qualification at level 7 in SpLD you may be interested in our higher level EAA course.
What will this course allow me to do?
On completion of the course participants will be able to provide the support required to their school and specialist assessment team in the implementation of Access Arrangements for Examinations. No pre-reading is necessary.
About the course
- Approximately 20 hours of online learning, conducted over a 6-week period¹
- Free online induction before the course
- Tutor support throughout the duration of the course
- This course equates to Level 4 on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) See:
- Successful applicants will receive a Dyslexia Action certificate of continuing professional development for Exam Access Arrangements
¹November unit runs over 8 weeks
The Joint Council for Qualifications (JCQ) regulations on Access Arrangements outline the criteria for a specialist assessor on page 82.
£295 (plus VAT) per course
Please Click Here for Information about Reclaiming VAT
How to Book
There is a compulsory online induction which starts 2 weeks before the course.
NO new registrations will be accepted after the Sunday prior to the course start date:
24 January 2018 (induction starts 10th, registrations close 21st)
16 May 2018 (registrations will open on 22nd Jan)
For further information please email us or call 01784 222304.
JCQ Regulations September 2017 - 31 August 2018
Our courses include up-to-date information on Exam Access Arrangements as set out by the JCQ 1st September 2017.